We take your privacy very seriously at Friend of Franki. We only take and hold information when we need to, be that if you’re shopping with us and we want to make it the best experience possible, or if you’re on our website and interacting with us. If we hold your information, we do it as securely as possible to give you peace of mind.
We may collect personal information about individuals. Our usual approach is to collect personal information directly from the individual. This information could include contact details, complaint details and financial details.
When we collect personal information
- when paying for goods with credit cards and when processing returns or exchanges
- when goods are ordered on-line and when putting goods on lay-by
- when you telephone us or visit our website and make an enquiry to which a later response is requested and to do so requires your contact details
- when you ask to be included on marketing distribution lists, become a member of our website or interact with our social media services
- if you enter a competition we hold
Use of personal information
We use the personal information collected from you for the purpose it was provided/ collected, including in the following ways:
- To respond to enquiries received from you;
- To process, confirm, fulfill and update you about your orders and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To perform authorized financial transactions with you;
- To verify your identity and to assist you if you have forgotten any user name or password;
- To communicate with you and provide you with information (whether by email, post or other means) about our products or services, where you have requested or consented to receiving this from us or where this provision is otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles .
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/ device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To protect our legal interests and fulfill our regulatory obligations (if and to the extent necessary).
Some of our web pages use ‘cookies’, which are small files that may be placed on your hard disk for record-keeping purposes. A cookie helps us to remember who you are. Cookies can make subsequent visits to the web page simpler and more seamless.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. (However, by not accepting cookies some web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information). A server cannot find out a name or email address, or anything about you by using cookies. Cookies by themselves do not tell us your email address or other personal information. However, once you choose to provide the web site with personal information, via email or any other means this information may be linked to data stored in the cookie.
We hold personal information in our own secure databases, and, to some extent, for marketing purposes in the databases of third parties engaged by us (subject to obligations regarding privacy and confidentiality) to conduct electronic direct marketing subject to all legislative requirements.
All Friend of Franki customers have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive electronic marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications that we might send you.
Alternatively, you may email email@example.com and request your email address to be unsubscribed, or that you no longer wish to receive communications in other forms (including hard copy forms). You may also write to the following address, confirming your email or physical address and unsubscribe request:
The Online Editor, Friend of Franki, 42 Baker St, Somerton Park, Adelaide SA, 5044.
Disclosure of personal information
We may provide personal information to third parties for limited purposes, such as to help us in providing goods and services to customers. Those persons and business include:
- Organisations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks;
- Our online payment gateway service provider, for the purpose of facilitating payments;
- Couriers and delivery business (for example, Australia Post and other businesses, where we arrange to deliver goods to you );
- Third party software providers who store details of customer account for us; and
- Marketing businesses engaged by us to disseminate materials to which customers have consented.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we have your express permission to do so;
- Where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to the disclosure to the third parties;
- If Friend of Franki or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets (subject to the same constraints on use and disclosure as under this policy); and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Friend of Franki, its personnel or customers . This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We limit the information we provide to third parties to the information they need to help us provide goods and services to you. We also enter into contracts with these third parties that require them to meet the privacy standards required by law in handling your personal information, and use your personal information only for the purposes that we gave it to them.
Security of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, including internal and external security, restricting access to personal information to those who have a need to know, maintain technological products to prevent unauthorised computer access and regularly reviewing our technology to maintain security.
We treat website and credit card security seriously and endeavor to provide a secure, safe platform through which to conduct transactions.